Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Is there anything better?

Is there anything better than coming home to a package of brand new yarn?! =) Oh, that's right, a package full of yarn that was all 75% off! haha Got my order from DBNY - cotton, linen, rayon - great for spring/summer knitting! I was taking my chances ordering yarn I'd never layed hands on before, but I read reviews on Ravelry and searched out better photos online (the photos on that site leave a lot to be desired!), clicked buy and hoped for the best. I wasn't disappointed! I ordered some cotton/linen/rayon in wild iris to make a couple market bags that will easily squish into my purse (unlike the reusable bags I now have that fold up like paper sacks).

And some in sage to make the Aleita shell from Interweave Knits.

And some really pretty cotton/rayon that I'm not sure exactly what I'll do with, but it was just too pretty (and cheap) to pass up. These were a very pleasant surprise. The colorways are even nicer than I'd hoped. =) This is Caribou Creek and looked much more subdued online.

I think I like this better than the mellower colors I thought I was getting. =) This one's Silver Streak.

I'd expected those blues to be more grey. I suppose I was thrown off by the name. heh Love the blue-greys though so it's all good. This one screams out Fall!

It'll be great for something (sweater, perhaps) for cool, fall days before it gets too chilly. I'm definitely yarn rich these days! Too much time at home with too much time to browse and find really good deals. haha Good thing I don't usually get this much time off!

No comments:

Post a Comment