Monday, March 09, 2009

Peanut Butter-y Oatmeal-y Chewy Goodness

Ooh, I brought home Vegan with a Vengeance (Isa Chandra Moskowitz) the last time I was at the library. A quick perusing turned up a recipe entitled Big Gigantoid Crunchy Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Cookies, said to make 12 huge-ass cookies. =) How could I possibly bypass this recipe? I couldn't, of course! Seriously yummy cookies!!! I think the next time I make these - oh yes, there will be a next time! - I'll sub in apple sauce for part of the oil... and maybe decrease the sugar some as well. I rarely make a recipe exactly as written after the first try, but these are pretty yummy as is. And frankly, the title is pretty darn dead-on. haha These things are HUGE! And I even used the 1/4 cup measure, rather than the called-for 1/3 cup!

On a side note, I've realized I really don't like cooking/baking when my mom is here. She works nights and I've found myself spending lots of time in the kitchen after 10pm. I think maybe that has something to do with the fact that she tends to hover with an amazed look on her face that someone is actually using the room for something other than watching tv...

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I love that cookbook and use it a lot. You should try the chocolate chip-raspberry blondies, they are my favorite dessert recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha - your mom is hilarious. Those cookies really did look enormous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catherine - I'll have to try that one next! Sounds yummy. =)

    Clara - Yeah, she's a barrel of laughs. heh And, yeah, HUGE cookies!

    ReplyDelete