Monday, March 01, 2010

It's never too late... practical is over-rated

Seriously. It's never too late to learn something new, to change directions, to make different choices, to dream of bigger and better things for yourself. I had someone today tell me she was too old to learn something new. It's not true! Don't limit yourself. Don't let others tell you it's too late or you're too old or that you made your choices earlier in life and have to stick with them even if you're not happy where you are in life. Remember when you were a kid and thought that pretty much anything was possible? Let your inner child dream of what could be... and take steps to make your life what you've always wanted it to be.
I'm constantly thinking of what's next, where I want to be, what I want to do. Life is a journey and I'm nowhere near settling down... not quite yet. I'm still filtering through my plans for the next big changes in my life, but things are starting to take shape with lots of soul-searching and research and planning. I'm getting excited for the new adventures to come!

So, what have you always wanted to do? Are you doing something to get closer to that goal? Are you already there? Have you made a big decision that completely changed your life? I've always admired those who've thrown out the practical in favor of what they love or are in the process of doing so. I also admire those who are perfectly happy with who and where they are in life. That's what I want! Someday, I'll get there too...

2 comments:

  1. Nope, not there yet, but I feel like I'm standing on the edge of something very very big. And good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I've been thinking about these things lately myself.

    ReplyDelete