Monday, July 08, 2013

Christmas in July!

It feels like Christmas! =)

This is what came in the mail on Friday:
Christmas in July!

So... what goodies were in those boxes?

These:
my new toy...

Yep, I finally drank the Kool-Aid. I bought a Hansen minispinner!! I've been looking at these and travel spinning wheels for ages. Even the travel wheels I think would be too bulky for in the rv and I kept changing my mind. I've had one of these electric minispinners in my virtual cart multiple times and always took it back out... but not this time! lol I decided I was worth a splurge... and I don't regret it one little bit. I've already paid off the charges on my credit card so it's all good. =) I also bought a lazy kate to make plying yarn simpler. Yeah, I could rig something up, but if I'm splurging, I might as well get what I want, right? lol Every thing is very compact and fits well in the rv. I knew too that these resell for nearly as much as they go for new so I figured if I bought it and hated it, I could sell it again and get most of my money back.

Of course it showed up Friday while I was still fairly early in my work day. *sigh* So I left it all in the box. Since it's Tour de Fleece (running in conjunction with Tour de France, of course), many shops were offering sales so I then went off in search of some fiber to spin. The first package was to arrive Saturday, but I wanted to start on some less expensive fiber since I'm a complete newbie so I headed off to Paradise Fibers here in Spokane and bought some fiber. I can't say I was overly impressed with Paradise Fibers, but I got what I needed to get started. I opened the boxes when I got home and the spinner came with a small sample of the same fiber I bought, just in a different colorway.

After a few false starts (there's a learning curve here), I got going and spun up the sample:
first ever handspun!!

Yeah, pretty much what I was expecting... overspun, underspun, thick and thin. LOL But I love it because I made yarn!! =)

So then I started on the fiber I bought:
handspun

A little better, but still pretty wonky.

I spun more on Sunday morning and things evened out a bit:
Untitled

I think I might be a little underspun on a lot of this, but I'm finding my groove... and I love it!! I have 8oz of this fiber and plan to spin it on two bobbins so I can ply it together.

Once I get more consistent, I'll break into that awesome hand-dyed fiber I bought. =) I still need to get a bag to store it all in and I know the one I want, just deciding on a fabric. Now I just need my own sheep... or an alpaca. LOL


3 comments:

  1. I have little to no clue what all the pieces & parts are you bought, but it sure sounds like you are pretty tickled with it all! Glad you're back to having some fun instead of working like a rented mule like you have been lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am! I love it. Not a lot of spinning since that post, but I did just enough to know I made the right decision with that spinner. =)

      Yeah, I'm not going back to 80 hr weeks again!!

      Delete
  2. شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
    كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
    شركة عزل اسطح بالرياض
    شركة عزل خزانات المياه بالرياض
    شركه عزل مائى بالرياض
    شركة عزل حرارى بالرياض
    شركة ترميم منازل بالرياض
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
    شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض
    شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام
    شركة عزل خزانات المياه بالدمام
    شركه عزل مائى بالدمام
    شركة عزل حرارى بالدمام
    شركة ترميم منازل بالدمام
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام
    شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام
    شركة ترميم منازل بالدمام
    شركة صيانة منازل بالدمام
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء
    كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء
    شركة عزل اسطح بالاحساء
    شركة عزل خزانات المياه بالاحساء
    شركه عزل مائى بالاحساء
    شركة عزل حرارى بالاحساء
    شركة ترميم منازل بالاحساء
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء
    شركة رش مبيدات بالاحساء
    شركة تسليك مجارى بالاحساء
    شركة ترميم منازل بالاحساء

    ReplyDelete