Wednesday, June 13, 2012

into the frog pond

After I dropped off an entire Jeep full of stuff at Goodwill today, I went inside to have a look around. I've been having fun dyeing, but am nearly out of white yarn to dye and thought maybe I could find a sweater to frog. I didn't find any sweaters made from animal fibers that were in good condition. The only possibility in the right fiber/color was slightly felted. 

I did find something else though:
A loooong sweater in 60% cotton/40% acrylic in a really nice, deep, chocolate brown.

It had a white tag (50% off this week!), was really soft and still had the tag from TJ Maxx ($50!?) so it was in perfect condition. Well, other than one of the ties being torn off and taped to the Goodwill tag. I checked the seams to be sure frogging would go smoothly - pieces knit individually not cut from larger pieces. The yarn reminds me of Lion Brand Cotton Ease, but a little thinner.

I got to work on it right away:
Reilly tried to help. =)

Frogging was quick and easy with the help of my ball winder.
Not the best pics, but the weather's been crazy here today, quickly flipping from brief sunny moments to pouring rain with thunder and lightning and I didn't want to wait to deconstruct this sweater. Even though the sweater was a size small, it was about 45" long and I ended up with 810g of DK weight yarn - plenty for just about anything I'd want to make with it - all for only $7 including tax. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment