Thursday, January 21, 2010

Crochet 101 - Results

Finished my first crochet item! Here's the result of 5 skeins of Lion Suede - 3 in eggplant and 2 in vineyard.



I worked the majority in double crochet, changing colors as each skein ran out and finished with a row of single crochet on the edges. Finished size is 50" x 17", total cost = well under $10. heh This was a nice, easy first crochet project - great for practicing but simple enough for my brain to check out after a long day of work. =) I'd originally thought I'd use this yarn for a blanket, but this was all I had. I do have more of some other colors that will go nicely together so a cozy blanket may yet be in my future...

2 comments:

  1. It looks really pretty!

    How long did it take you to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each thick stripe took a couple hrs or so. Would have been faster but this yarn is definitely on the "sticky" side.

    ReplyDelete