Thursday, October 18, 2007

What can be done with a bit of frozen water

I'm printing a short series off some old negs for my portfolio and to practice printmaking. The prints are actually a bit less contrasty than these scans, but cheap scanner + cheap photo editing software = so-so scans. Must get PhotoShop... and a better scanner/printer. According to the work study at the lab, I make great prints - and she's jealous. =) I love playing in the darkroom. I can, and do, spend hours at a time in there. It's interesting to me that so many of the students detest printing. They're a lot of the same students who complain about having to shoot film. I think it all stems from being raised on instant results from digital cameras. Sad, so much can be done on film and in a darkroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment