Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Just Playin' 'Round

Lensbaby 2.0 - what a wonder. =) Yeah, yeah, the uses are somewhat limited, but it's just so much fun to play with! And oh my, how I love my new camera! It seriously makes me want to go back in time and retake all the photos I've taken in the past few years. *sigh* Geez, when will the brainiacs figure out time travel?! And why the heck did it take me so long to get a decent digital?!?

Not sure when I'll be able to make it back to DC again, but I am thinking seriously of heading up to Alaska for the ice carving competition in the Spring (well, it'll be Spring here). I've been printing ice sculpture photos I shot years ago and it's making me want to go back. Should be able to do some aurora shots as well so it'd be worth spending the first week of March in frigid Fairbanks, I think. I mentioned it to an old friend who also lived up there years back and may end up with some company. Could be fun... or frustrating. I don't know. I might wait for summer and hit Denali and Valdez and perhaps Kenai. Or I could put my nose to the grindstone and sock away enough cash to go twice... haha Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment