Sunday, January 23, 2011

I have a confession

I bought yarn. One ball... it was on sale... and organic. lol


Hmm, and a cute little tape measure too. =) I visited a new (to me) yarn shop this weekend, one I'll not likely return to. Why? Because it's near here:


Yep, I'm back on the road!


I got an email at 1p Monday asking if I could travel. By 1:30, I had a ticket to San Francisco... at 6p. Crazy? Yes! But I got a shower, got packed and hit the road for the airport in an hour and a half. Amazingly, I only forgot to pack a few minor things. lol

It's been over 6 months since I've been on a plane. With the change of time zones, late arrival and not having had to be up, dressed and in an office by 8a in months, I'm exhausted. Didn't stop us from heading out this weekend for some sightseeing though! Another coder wants me to teach her to knit after seeing my sweater in progress (I almost have both sleeves finished!), so we headed to ImagiKnits Saturday morning for some yarn and needles for her. She picked out some beautiful yarn for a scarf and a pair of bamboo needles. I tried, but didn't leave empty-handed. Surprise! haha At least it was only the one ball. I'm thinking it'll make a nice cowl.

We then headed to Fisherman's Wharf and Ghirardelli Square.


It's no longer a chocolate factory, but it is a great shopping center... and yes, we came away with chocolate. =)


And a little something-something for the pooch. =) The dog on the bag? She's the Yap shop dog and is the sweetest little thing. If my dog were a girl, I would have been tempted to buy an adorable set of pink bunny socks... but alas, Reilly is a boy and will not be wearing pink bunny socks. heh While looking for an image online to share, I found these:


So freaking cute! And totally pointless. lol

After a little shopping (and spending way too much money, but I got a couple birthday gifts taken care of), we took a city tour on one of the motorized trolleys that went over Golden Gate Bridge. We had a great tour guide and had a lot of fun, getting to see a good chunk of the city without dealing with the crazy traffic.


They weren't kidding about the hills here. I can't imagine anyone here doesn't have buns of steel!

I really like this city. It's seems so dog-friendly and the people have been so nice. If I weren't already set on moving to Vancouver, I might very well be tempted...


But I'd definitely sell my car...

3 comments:

  1. Fun! Love the tape measure! I've been searching online for something like that and kicking myself for not picking one up back in Seattle years ago... Hope you see some sights today too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like a fun visit--hooray for spontaneous travel!

    Those little booties are so cute but how could anyone stand to use them and let the little sheep faces get dirty?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! It's been so long since I've been to Ghiradelli Square. I miss it. :)

    I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete