Monday, August 02, 2010

Chik'n... from scratch! (and a little crochet)

To add to my "comfort food" weekend... I tried the chik'n seitan recipe from Vegan Comfort Food.


How have I not made this before now?! It's so incredibly easy! Just vital wheat gluten, soy flour and some water, then cooked in a broth. I actually breaded and baked these for oven-fried chik'n (recipe from the same cookbook). I'll tweak the seasonings in the breading a bit next time, but it was good as written. Definitely another winner!

I also started something new on the yarny front...


details to follow when it takes more shape. =)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really good. I may have to try it myself.

    The husband and I have been going increasingly veggie, and I think he might be going in a vegan direction. I'll keep this cookbook in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was! Check out the library. I'm sure they have quite a few veggie cookbooks to try. The Joy of Vegan Baking has also been a hit for me. I have a few other favorites, but what floats my boat, may not float yours. heh There are some very popular ones that I just don't care for.

    ReplyDelete