Monday, June 07, 2010

Woolly Weekend

It's that time of year! Lambs!

So cute! These were all bottle-fed so they were super-friendly too. I headed off to Franklin, IN, for the Hoosier Hills Fiberarts Festival on Friday where I got to see these little ones... and lots of yarny, crafty goodness. It was a looong day of fibery fun. =) It's always fun checking out all the booths and seeing what crafty people are up to. Of course, there were lots of beautifully hand-dyed yarns and roving and some other creative handmade items too.

There were some cute takes on the cotton dishcloth:


And some great deals on handy books:



A book on natural yarn dyeing and a community cookbook to benefit the animal shelter. $12 for 2 books? Not a bad deal at all! And there was just about everything sheepy you could think of! Loving that little felted sheep with golf tee legs!


And yeah, lots of yarny goodness. =) One booth had these small (100yd) skeins of wool perfect for felting and only $1.25 each! That was a great opportunity to get lots of colors in smaller amounts for a few felting projects I have planned and also want to try my hand at over dyeing a few of those lighter skeins as well. I'm working on a couple of ideas for things to put up on etsy. Should be fun!

If there's a fiber festival anywhere near you, check it out. You won't regret it!

2 comments:

  1. I loooooooooooooove fiber festivals. That last picture of the pile of yarn is really great! Love all the colors and the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - I was at the HHFF - too bad I didn't know you were going to be there. I was working in the Welcome Center Friday evening and most of the Day Saturday. Glad you had a good time - it was my first time adn I was really impressed by the vendor and visitor turn out - despite the heat.

    Hope our paths cross again soon.

    ReplyDelete