Sunday, December 07, 2008

Another new start

No finished pics of the stole yet. I still need to block it and weave in the ends. I did finally remember to buy pins today though! This past week, I found a great deal on some discontinued angora/merino blend (Berroco Pleasure) and bought enough for two sets of wrist warmers and two scarves. This is the beginning of scarf #1, done using the Branching Out pattern, available free on Knitty.com.

So far, I've done three repeats of the lace pattern. This will end up being however long I can get it with two skeins of this yarn since that's all they had in this color. So far, I'm very pleased with the results. It's both pretty and soft. Should make a great Christmas gift! Just not sure who's getting this one quite yet. =)

I have a few other projects in my near future. We found a great yarn shop today - A New Yarn in North Seattle. It's a non-profit yarn shop with all proceeds going to an organization helping victims of domestic violence. What better way to supply my stash?! And supply, I did. haha I now have several single balls/skeins of various mystery yarns, perfect for smaller projects. This is a fun shop to browse in. No telling what you'll find since a lot of the yarns have been donated. They also carry a few brands of new yarn that has been donated or purchased with donations. After visiting half a dozen yarn shops in and around Seattle, I definitely have a favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment